Monday, June 3, 2013

Honeysuckle--Mystery Solved

Last time I posted a photo of a flowering tree, but no identification.  Lynn and I have decided it must be a honeysuckle bush.  I wanted to post a few more photos of this beauty.  It's probably not what you would normally find in the Montana woods, but a renegade domestic from someone's yard--lovely nonetheless!



Here is another cool little mystery I've been following. WARNING: only true flower-nerds will find this interesting!  :-)  Part of what made this fun was that I new exactly where this plant was, and could check on it periodically.  We've decided it is probably a rockcress.
April 25
May 6, maybe 5 inches tall now
May 13, 8-10 inches
May 24, now we have buds
May 24, over a foot tall

May 30, finally flowers

flower close-up
Oh what fun we can have with digital photography and computers!  Total nerdiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment