Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rainy Weekend!

Everything is getting a good dose of moisture this weekend.  The weather was still clear after church this morning, so I thought I'd head up to Lone Pine and see if I could stay ahead of it.  Got showered on several times, but nothing too serious.  As long as I can get my camera out and keep the raindrops off the lens, they (the raindrops) make for some nice photographs.  No new blooms to report, but what is there just keeps growing and getting prettier.

If you are local and can hike the cliff trail, you would see lots of Arnica, Oregon Grape, Woods Pussytoes, Paintbrush and False Solomon's Seal.  Around the top there is still lots of Larkspur, Balsamroot, Biscuitroot, and Stoneseed.  The Lupine are starting to bud out, and I saw lots of Penstemon buds getting ready.  The Blue Flax is starting at the very first lookout point past the bridge.  On the way down the Valley View trail, I mainly saw Arnica, Oregon Grape, some Clematis and a Fairyslipper or two.  At the beginning of the trail just off Valley View Drive there is lots of Chokecherry still in bud.

Here are my favorites from today in the rain.

These apple blossoms look like little pink roses to me!

Woods Pussytoes; at first glance it's nothing special, until you look closely.

Paintbrush

The Calypsos are about done, but looked sweet with the raindrops.

The False Solomon's Seal have gotten really tall!



Stoneseed and Balsamroot in back
Pale Comandra
Pale Comandra with a few more flowers opened.
Stickseed--not to be confused with Forget-Me-Not.
Clematis

Clematis and Arnica

No comments:

Post a Comment